History in Africa New Interdisciplinary Approaches to African History
History in Africa is seeking contributions for a 2022 Special Section that examine interdisciplinarity in African history in new ways. Interdisciplinarity happens across academia on multiple, overlapping levels including the use of methods from other disciplines, team-based collaborations (multidisciplinary), and the creation of new fields (transdisciplinary). We must also respond to the range of twenty-first century movements calling for social justice on the African continent and in the Global North.
Possible topics include:
• Theorizing interdisciplinary methods
• Promise and challenge of collaboration
• Interdisciplinary methods and public histories
• Redefining the discipline
• Linking Africa and its diasporas
• Interdisciplinarity in the digital humanities
• Racial justice and interdisciplinarity
• Centering Africa in interdisciplinary approaches
As always, submissions that fall outside of the scope of this special section theme are welcome.
Submissions: Send a 500-word abstract to email@example.com by February 15, 2021 with the subject line: HiA Abstract Submission 2022. Authors will be notified in late February whether to submit a full article for peer review by June 14.
*Please note that invitations to submit articles for peer review do not guarantee publication. Any queries should be addressed to Lorelle Semley at firstname.lastname@example.org.