- Applications will be accepted from individuals with demonstrable photography/film experience. Students of photography and film are especially welcome to apply.
- Applications are also welcome from registered participants/presenters at the 2014 Annual Meeting, with relevant experience.
- Preference will be given to applicants from the greater Indianapolis area, and/or from interested applicants able to arrange and fund their own travel to Indianapolis.
- Selected volunteers should have suitable photography/video equipment, with the ability to capture footage of large events and gatherings. Video equipment should be able to deliver clear footage and quality sound, with minimal background noise interference.
This is an opportunity for volunteers, therefore financial compensation will not be offered. The ASA will however offer the following benefits:
- Complimentary attendance to all events at the 2014 ASA Annual Meeting
- Conference packet, to include a conference program and other complimentary promotional material
- Complimentary accommodation at the event venue, for the duration of the conference (if required)
If you are interested in applying, please send the following to Funmi Vogt at [email protected]:
- Letter of interest, detailing your photography or filming experience to date
- A portfolio which consists of samples of your previous photography and/or film projects
- Your availability- i.e. will you be available for the duration of the conference, or only for certain parts of it?
Applications received by October 1st, 2014, will be considered for this opportunity.
Thank you for your interest in the African Studies Association.