The prize includes:
- Reproduction of the artwork as the cover of the Annual Meeting program
- Full-page biographical sketch of the artist on the inside cover of the program
- $500 award
- Unique memorial plaque presented at the Annual Meeting Awards Ceremony
- Free registration to the Annual Meeting
- Free access to a booth in the Exhibit Hall to display and sell prints of the cover and additional artwork of the artist’s choosing
The ASA Cover Art Prize shall be open to all living artists of Africa and the global African diaspora and artists of all heritages whose work directly addresses the theme of the Annual Meeting, over the age of 18 years from the announcement of the competition. The ASA Program Cover Art Prize is not open to work by deceased artists. The artwork must be suitable for 2D reproduction on the cover of the Annual Program; suitable art includes, but is not limited to painting, drawing, photography, collage, or other 2D artwork, such as photograph stills of a sculpture, installation, or performance. The artwork will be reproduced with additional information, including the title of the program theme, ASA logo, and the dates and place of the Annual Meeting.
Each artist may submit up to two (2) entries.
SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES: All entries shall be submitted via ASA Cover Art Prize Form, in the form of high- resolution digital file in jpg or tiff format max. 10MB file size (no min); all images must be between 1000 x 3000 pixels resolution; min 1000 x 1000 and max. 3000 x 3000 pixels.
THIRD-PARTY ENTRY: A third party (e.g. gallery, agent or other representatives) may submit work on behalf of the artist, but the third party must confirm by notarized affidavit:
- Receipt of the artist’s permission, and have full authority and legal right, to submit the work;
- Provide the information regarding the artist or the artist’s work, they have first consulted with the artist and made all appropriate inquiries for the purpose of providing that information
- Agree to be bound by all CONDITIONS OF ENTRY as the artist would be had they submitted themselves
DEADLINE for submissions of entries is May 31.
Conditions of Entry
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: Each artist, by entering the ASA Program Cover Art Prize, confirms that they hold all intellectual property rights in the work and that they have obtained prior written approval for the use of any third party copyrighted material contained in the submitted work.
COPYRIGHT: Copyright of all works remains the property of the artist. Any third party inquiries for copyright shall be referred to the artist. The processes of the ASA Program Cover Art Prize may be filmed, and entering constitutes an agreement for a portrait to be included in such filming, whether broadcast or not.
REPRODUCTION RIGHTS: Each artist, by entering the ASA Program Cover Art Prize, shall permit the work to be photographed and reproduced by the ASA for the purposes of promoting the ASA Program Cover Art Prize and the ASA including, but not limited to; catalog, press and publicity and websites in all territories.