63rd Annual Meeting Call for Exhibitors/Advertisers
We are excited to announce the 2020 African Studies Association Exhibit Hall and Advertiser Registration is open!
The African Studies Association (ASA), the official learned society for African Studies with more than 2,000 members globally, is pleased to invite you to exhibit and/or advertise at the 2020 Annual Meeting. The theme for this year’s meeting is The Hour of Decision: Power, Persistence, Purpose, and Possibility in African Studies.
The meeting will be held on November 19 – 22, 2020, at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park in Washington DC. For further information about this meeting, go to the ASA’s Annual Meeting page.
There are many benefits that come with exhibiting at the ASA’s Annual Meetings. If your target audience is academics, practitioners, policymakers, or constituencies involved in knowledge dissemination and sharing on issues concerning the African continent, then you cannot afford to miss participating in this event as an exhibitor! The ASA is also excited to offer prime advertising space in the Annual Meeting Program, which will be viewed by more than 3,000 individuals in the ASA’s network. As an Exhibitor at the ASA’s Annual Meeting, you are provided with the opportunity to display your products and services to the largest congregation of African scholars and practitioners anywhere in the world.
We warmly welcome and encourage you to please complete your booth selection using the Exhibitor/Advertiser floor plan. To view the floor plan with the x’s indicated where booths have already been assigned, click here.
The ASA will continue to offer in 2020 the following Exhibit Hall innovations and additional services:
- The ability for exhibitors to select a specific standard ($900) booth on the floor plan
- Booth/advertising packages with discounted rates!
Platinum – $2,880 – Two standard booths, two full-page ads, and a digital spread
Gold – $1,400 – One standard booth, full-page ad, and a digital spread
Premier – $1,100 – One standard booth and a digital spread
- Improved floor-plan to increase traffic to booths
- Half booths are available
- Two Exhibitor Registrations are included with the purchase of each booth. Additional exhibitor registrations can be purchased at $125 per registrant. Please provide the names, affiliations and email addresses for each booth representative on the Exhibitor and Advertiser Registration Form. Exhibitor Services Manual can be viewed here.
Bag inserts up to three pages double-sided can be purchased for a flat fee of $1000. Bag inserts are due no later than October 1, 2020. If you have questions regarding purchasing bag inserts, please contact Lori Ann Chitty Ray at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertisement submission specifications
Ad submissions must be emailed to the ASA at email@example.com no later than September 15, 2020.
The specifications for ad submissions are as follows:
Format: PDF is preferred, but we will accept any file format
Resolution: High-resolution files are required (300 dpi minimum, 600 dpi is preferred)
Size: 8.25″ x 10.75″ (Full page) and 8.25″ x 5.25″ (Half page)
Bleeds: No Bleeds
Color: Grayscale or Color
* Your ad can be submitted in grayscale or color. In the printed program, color printing is possible only on the inside front cover, inside back cover, or outside back cover.
For questions regarding the Exhibit Hall and advertisements, please contact the ASA at (848)999-4455 option 1 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.