2021 ASA Annual Meeting General Information
The ASA Annual Meeting is the largest gathering of Africanist scholars in the world and is the flagship event of the association. With an attendance of over 2,000 scholars and professionals, the conference offers the following:
• More than 300 panels and roundtables
• Plenary events featuring keynote speakers
• An awards ceremony and dance party
• Institutional and organizational receptions and meetings
• An international exhibit hall
• Screenings of award-winning movies from Africa, and/or by African producers
2021 Virtual Format
Read about the format and goals of the 2021 ASA Annual Meeting in the open letter published in February 2021.
Virtual Registration Rates
2021 CFP Theme & Submission Categories
Read the full CFP Call: Re-Centering Africa: Resistance and Renewal In A World Beyond COVID-19
2021 Program Chairs Gretchen Bauer (University of Delaware) and Akosua Darkwah (University of Ghana)
2021 AfricaNow! format will open in August to accommodate late breaking events on the 2021 program.
How to Participate in 2021 ASA Programming
Review our 2021 Submission and Participation guidelines.
Assemble a session you’d like to submit to the CFP by calling likeminded presenters.
Register to submit to the main ASA CFP prior to its close April 1.
Register to attend sessions without presentation.
Participate in Coordinate Organization activities.