ASA DAKAR 2016 TRAVEL FUND
The ASA is excited to announce the creation of a special travel fund to provide subsidies of up to $1,000 per individual to support participation of ASA members in the June 2016 Dakar meeting hosted jointly by the ASA, AAA, CODESRIA, and WARA/WARC (www.dakar2016.org). The ASA expects to give up to $20,000 total in travel grants for this meeting.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- Must be an ASA member for the 2016 membership cycle
- Must be presenting on the conference program
- Preference will be given to emerging scholars who cannot otherwise participate without financial support
- Funds can be used to cover air travel, hotel stay during the conference and/or conference registration.
- Where possible, the ASA will directly subsidize registration and hotel costs and/or reimburse the funds against travel receipts provided onsite at the meeting. If a case arises in which an applicant would be unable to travel without advance funds, arrangements can be made accordingly.
Application for travel funds must be received by February 19, 2016. Applicants should send the following information by email to [email protected]:
– A current CV
– An abstract of the conference presentation
– A letter of application including:
o Motivation for participation in the event
o Details of expected travel costs (airfare, hotel, registration, etc.)
o Details of plan to cover remaining travel costs
o Amount of travel grant requested